Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cake decorating

I've spent the best part of the last 6 months trying to find things to occupy myself. Now i thought i was getting some where with all the playgroups, photo sessions, Collage courses, soon to German lessons that start Monday and so on but it turns out I'm no where near my limit. That's where the cake decorating class came in now i love to bake cakes but absolutely suck with this funny sloppy icing that everyone uses in the states *laughs* it's something out of this world compared to the icing we use back home but with everything said i didn't half have fun attempting to put huge dollops on top of my heart cake.
Needless to say by the time i came to the sides the girls on my table were in for a disaster as some one had the clever or not so clever idea of putting a crap load of water in the mix which left us all having pretty much a puddle of icing around our cakes.
I would of taken a picture but by the time i got home and showed Adam he was already wanting to eat it so at least it tasted good right?
We also did some cup cakes for the kids but again a little helper of mine decided to eat the marshmallow ears off the lamb cupcakes and all we have left is a very bad version of Elmo.


I'm going to take some one on one classes to see if i can master the art of decorating like my fellow American friends and in return the lady wants one of my Christmas cake recipes ha ha but for now i will stick with the talent that I'm blessed with.

2 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

That's pretty good. You did a great job!

ski said...

Elmo looks a wee bit frightened ha ha! But the photo turned out AWESOME! Though I have to say, you are a better person than me for even trying to decorate a cake. I create job security by paying somebody else to do it. :)